Hi everyone- today I have another smoothie recipe post, since my anti-inflammatory smoothie post was a big hit with you all! This recipe for a digestive support smoothie can give your gut a helping hand- since the bananas contain plenty of prebiotics and the papaya contains digestive enzymes (which in particular can help with things like bloating and dare I say it, flatulence– think that’s the first time I’ve used that word on this blog but let’s run with it!) It also uses turmeric (which I put in everything since it beats inflammation and Hemp Milk- which is a great source of Omega 3( which is easier to digest than cows milk and again packs an anti-inflammation punch) As I’m trying to boost calories, I also used Nutribix- gluten free weetabix- this is optional and I’d suggest it if you are using the smothie as a meal replacement.
Most of the ingredients for this post (other than the Hemp milk, nut butter and Nutribix) came from my Natural Blender box*: I wrote about these guys a while back:they are a great way to introduce smoothies to your diet. Like before, you can use my code: BLENDWITHJEN to get £10 off your first box!
- -1 banana
- -1 cup of Good Hemp Milk (Or another dairy-free milk alternative)
- -1/4 papaya, chopped and peeled.
- -1-2 pieces of Nutribix (Optional; for making a meal replacement smoothie)
- -1 tablespoon of cashew nut butter.
- -1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric and a sprinkle of black pepper
- – 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds (optional)
- Add banana and papaya to Nutribullet.
- Add cup of non-dairy milk
- Add on tablespoon of cashew nut butter
- Add 1-2 pieces of Nutribix
- Add turmeric and black pepper (black pepper is just to support absorption of turmeric so use sparingly)
- Add flaxseeds
- Blend for 30 seconds and serve
I hope you enjoyed the recipe- let me know how you get on with it below!