Is it too early for soup recipes? I really hope not because I’m back with another one today! After the success of my gut rest and repair soup and my anti-inflammatory beetroot soup, today I am sharing a carrot and ginger soup recipe which is perfect for any lingering winter colds!
Ginger is my go-to ingredient for whenever I’m fighting a cold-so add vitamin C packed carrot and apple and you’re on to a winner!
Ginger and Carrot Recipe: Nutrition Information
- It’s free from GLUTEN, DAIRY, EGG and is vegan.
- It’s also low residue-just ensure apple is peeled!
- Garlic has been proven to reduce the length of colds whilst ginger is anti-inflammatory.
- I am a massive fan of bone broth but vegans can use vegetable broth instead.
- 500 g carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 apple diced (peel if on a low residue diet)
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cups of bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
Preheat oven to 200°C
Place the chopped carrots, onion, and apple on a lined baking sheet.
Drizzle with oil and season, tossing to combine.
Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Add broth, milk, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and veggies to the blender.
Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
Pin This Recipe for Later
Where to next?
This recipe was taken with permission to share from Geeta Sidhu-Robb who founded Nosh Detox in 2008; having quit her job as a corporate lawyer to retrain as a nutritionist and raw chef in a bid to nurse her son suffering from severe food allergies, eczema, asthma and anaphylaxis as a child. It is NOT a sponsored post is in any way.