Today’s blog is another recipe. As the weather is getting warmer, I wanted to share 2 ice-lolly recipes with you that as well as being gluten and dairy free are also a great way of sneaking extra fruit and veg into your diet. As I’m suffering with low-iron at the moment, I wanted to create a recipe that had lots of hidden iron sources but was also really refreshing! The second is a frozen adaptation of my anti-inflammation smoothie, which I know lots of you liked!
Recipe 1: Iron Boosting Lolly
- 1 handful of spinach.
- 1 kiwi
- 1 courgette
- 2 pieces of raw beetroot
- 1 thumbnail piece of ginger
- 1 slice of lemon and lime
- Optional: If you are suffering with low iron, try adding Spatone to the lolly mixture once juiced. I’ve found this much easier to digest than most and it will be boosted by the vitamin C from the kiwi.
- Use a regular juicer to juice the spinach, kiwi, beetroot, courgette and ginger.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and lime
- Pour into ice-lolly moulds (I used these from Lakeland but you can get them from lots of places, including Poundland!).
- Leave to set for 8 hours.
The result is a really refreshing ice-lolly that has a good dose of vit c (from the kiwi), iron (spinach and beetroot) and a good zing to it! (from the ginger and lime!). It is a much nicer way of getting your morning juice done!
Recipe 2: Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Lolly
- Use all the ingredients from my anti-inflammatory smoothie post and blend with a nutribullet.
- For an extra creamy taste, pour in a dollop of coconut yoghurt once blended.
- Once smooth, pour into the ice lolly moulds for a delicious smoothie lol with an omega boost (chia seeds) and anti-inflammatory properties from the turmeric
Here’s the final result……
I hope you liked my healthy lolly recipe. Make sure you checkout my other gluten free, dairy free recipes here.